It's the first day of Spring Break. I'm furiously trying to clean my house and while cleaning I turned on the TV and a classic was playing: The Dead Poet's Society. Once again I am transfixed. I want to be a John Keating kind of teacher; I want my students to be thinkers and wonderers of words and their power. If you have never seen this movie, please put it on your list. If you have, watch it once again. It is powerful. Here's a clip - watch to the end, the last comments speak to the kind of teachers we are growing in Oldham County... Let me know what you think. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Spring Break. If you are in Louisville, hold onto your hats, it's windy!
Check out YouTube for additional clips from the movie - especially if you don't have access to the movie.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a powerful clip! I have always loved this movie as it is very motivating to me. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete